Asics Gel Venture 5 vs 6 – Which Trail Running Shoe is Better?
- A lot of runners wonder why Asics have removed the eyelets from heel-lock lacing. The Venture 5 features these eyelets while the Venture 6 lacks them, which makes the 6th version unsuitable for trail running. (heel slippage)
- The Venture 5 is more durable, more supportive and more flexible.
- Runners feel the materials used in the 6 are cheap and the thickness of padding and support have been minimized
- The outsole on the Venture 6 offers better traction on damp surfaces than the 5
- The Venture 6 has a wider toe box
- The cushioning around the ankle/Achilles area is better on the 5
All that said, if you're going to buy your first Asics Gel Venture, go for the Venture 5, and if you already have the Venture 5, just keep it and save your bucks.
Asics Gel Venture 5 Review
The Venture 5 is available for women and men and it's great for:
It's also great for:
Heel to toe drop: 10mm
Weight: M: 10oz / 312g - W: 90oz / 255g
- Comfortable and supportive yet flexible
- Offers good lateral stability
- Shock absorbing
- Has a cushioned deep heel cup (prevents back pain)
- Provides ample arch support
- Has enough toe room
- Excellent feel / fit (the right amount of padding without adding too much bulk)
- Well constructed
- Offers good off road traction
The Asics Gel Venture 5 is a trail running shoe that is perfect for the neutral to underpronator. It promises a lot for trail runners, but most people use it just as running or walking shoes while others use it as a general everyday shoe.
It features an upper that locks the foot in and protects it against shocks when moving quickly on trails. It also has a removable sockliner. So if you have like a custom orthotic or soemthing your doctor prescribed for you, it would be easy to accommodate within the shoe.
Another cool thing about Asics is they do offer wide sizes. So if you have extra wide feet, you can’t beat these.
Let’s take a look at the shoe’s 3 standout features …
The durable mesh upper makes this both a soothing and secure shoe. The mesh not only works as a natural ventilator but it also helps to avoid sweating. The high level of breathability in the Venture 5 keeps the air temperature on the inisde of the shoe comfortable and cool.
The Ascis Gel Venture 5 is super comfortable because it features a plush cushioned underfoot mechanism and maybe that’s the number one reason everybody gets it. Asics has really mastered the gel technology within the insole and once you try this shoe, you’ll really never want to go back other shoes. For whatever reason, gel makes your feet last forever whenever you’re walking or running.
The Gel Venture 5 ensures the runners’ comfort even when taking a rough beating from the ground. This is due to its included cushioning. This cushioning is also very lightweight.
The EVA molded midsole helps control balance and absorbs rough shocks immediately.
The AHAR rubber (Asics High Abrasion rubber) materials in some critical areas make the trail-specific outsole of the shoe exceptionally durable. The high-quality ground sole strongly avoids getting affected by random and irregular ground surfaces while the tread lasts a really long time.
With an amazing in-shoe feel, durable construction, comfortable midsole and breathable inner lining, the Venture 5 is an exceptional trail running shoe.
- Not waterproof for a trail running shoe
- Some runners complain the rubber toe cap pulls away and becomes a cause of tripping or snags on a rock when walking.
- Other runners complain the tread pattern on the outsole is tightly spaced and pebbles get easily trapped. This makes walking on tile pretty uncomfortable
Read this conversation on Amazon about the Asics Gel Venture 5 Vs 6 ...
Anyone can compare the venture 5 to the venture 6? any real difference?
Asics Gel Venture 6 REVIEW
This trail running shoes is perfect for the neutral to underpronator. It’s really lightweight and nice and flexible for a trail running shoe.
It’s made of a durable mesh and synthetic upper material so it’s going to be breathable and your feet are going to feel fresh all day. It features some light cushioning in the tongue and collar and a breathable fabric lining plus some light cushioning in that foam insole.
It has a really thick midsole with a reafoot gel cushioning system in the heel to give you amazing impact protection, shock absorption and a smooth transition from heel to toe.
The bottom features an AHAR trail-specific outsole that can handle just about any type of surface you’ll encounter outdoors.
Keep that stride feeling comfortable every step you take with the Venture 6.
So that was it. I hope our "Asics Gel Venture 5 VS 6" comparison review was satisfying. I'd love to hear from you guys in the comments section below. If you've ever had one of the two shoes, tell us which one you think is better.
And I'd appreciate it if you could share this post using your favorite social media channel.