Orthopedic Walking Sandals Review
Gone are the days when women paid little attention to what sandals or shoes they wear. Today, customers make informed decisions while keeping both fashion and health in mind. When shopping, remember that the best sandals are those that offer maximum support. People with feet problems and leg problems are most interested in learning how to relieve pressure that comes with walking.
Fortunately there are brands out there that are geared towards helping people with these lower extremity issues. In addition, the market offers a wide selection of the best orthopedic sandals so they can go well with your attire.
Vionic with Orthaheel Technology Tide II and Vionic by Orthaheel Sharon sandals are 2 of the best orthopedic sandals worth checking out.
1 – Vionic with Orthaheel Technology Tide II
If you are looking for good orthaheel sandals which provide all-day comfort and support, the Vionic with Orthaheel Technology Tide II would be a perfect match for you. You may choose to wear it around the house if you need arch support and it is most effective for people with foot problems. This casual wear with leather and nylon webbing upper comes in a wide array of colors to choose from. The outer sole is made of durable rubber.
Pros and Cons of the Vionic Walking Sandal
Below is a detailed list explaining why you should include this orthopedic sandal to your wardrobe:
- The outdoor sandal has biomechanical orthotic footbed. The deep heel cup supports and realigns feet and legs back to natural position. The sandal’s medium-density EVA mid-sole absorbs shock, and in turn reduces stress on the ankles, knees and feet. The design has received APMA Seal of Acceptance and is highly recommended by Dr. Andrew Weil.
- The outdoor orthopedic sandals help to prevent shin splints and knee problems. They’re good for any other physical conditions which cause over-pronation.
- The sandal has a great fit and offers comfort. The upper part is composed of polyurethane upper and has a stylish leather trim. The strap is lined with foam, so you can enjoy a comfortable fit throughout the day. It is also available in 15 different colors, allowing you to be fashionable and comfortable at the same time.
- Weighs only 6 ounces, making it a great choice for everyday wear.
- Some customers have complained that the material on the footbed feels cheaper.
- Some have stated they had blisters from the straps of the sandals.
2 – Vionic by Orthaheel Sharon
Vionic by Orthaheel Sharon is another sandal which possesses sensible style and protects your feet at the same time. It has microfiber-covered EVA footbed offers just as much protection as the previously mentioned model, but has an additional embellishment. Therefore, it offers both feel and look to women. The outsole is made of durable rubber with botanical design tread.
Pros and Cons of the Orthaheel Sharon
The features are enough to conclude that the sandal is worth every penny. However, below is a detailed pros list to help you make an informed decision.
- The orthopedic sandals have Orthaheel technology, provide biomechanical stability and have a high instep to fully support the feet. Choosing this orthopedic sandal over other stylish versions will help reduce over-pronation.
- It provides immense comfort to those suffering from different kind of physical problems like plantar fasciitis. It reverses chronic foot conditions and reduces chronic pain.
- The design is quite revealing, so you can show off your pedicure. The crystal flower embellishment gives it a very classy look. In addition, there are 5 color options to choose from. So, you can buy multiple pairs of the sandals to match different dresses.
- The walking sandals fit well but the strap placement makes a flip-flop sound.
- The decorative stone may cut into the toes and consequently cause raw spots.
If you are fashionable but are suffering from back, foot or knee pain, these sandals might be the remedy you seek. These walking sandals are great for your health concerns as they can relieve pain swiftly. Apart from relieving pain, Vionic Tide II and Vionic Orthaheel Sharon also prevent foot injuries and deformities. Sometimes, they even correct them. They exceed women’s expectations as they are fashionable, unlike most other orthopedic sandals.
If you think the pros outweigh the minor cons of these sandals, order a pair for yourself. You can even choose the color and design which matches your personality. Both the sandals are great for summer as they are lightweight and revealing.