Keen Whisper Sandals Review
Footwear often escapes our attention when shopping, especially the flip flops and sandals.
It is not until we end up with a sore foot during a strenuous travel routine that we realize the need to buy a good pair of sandals.
Surfing shops for the best walking sandals can be quite a hectic task given the huge variety available in the market. Among all the sandals that could qualify as the ideal walking sandals for travel, the Keen Whisper Sandals and Keen Whisper Slide Sandals are definitely worth an in-depth look.
Thanks to its level of cushioning and support, the Keen Whisper is one of the best sandals for heel pain.
Keen Whisper Sandals
If you are traveling on foot in a waterlogged area, then the water-resistant Keen Whisper Sandals may just turn out to be your best friend. Weighing 8.8 ounces, this sandal is far from ordinary. In fact, it’s one of our top 3 women sandal choices overall and securely in our list of the top Keen women’s sandals.
It is equipped with a quick draw elastic cord lacing system that can be adjusted according to your requirements. The strap of the sandal has a secure metatomical design and the polyester webbing upper can be washed with water without causing any damage to the product. Perhaps the most impressive features about the sandal are the metatomical foot-cushioning and the EVA shaped footbed that comes with Microban.
The EVA midsole of the Keen Whisper Sandal is low profile and is also compression molded. Not to mention, your toes will be kept safe from unwanted bumps courtesy of the patented toe protection. Last but not the least, ladies who have a problem with smelly feet and sandals will be glad to know that the Keen Whisper Sandals feature an odor-reducing Microbe Shield that will keep the stench away for a long duration.
Pros and Cons of Wearing The Whisper by Keen
These features speak volumes about the Keen Women’s Whisper Sandal. To sum up the pros, we can conclude that:
- It is designed to provide great comfort and users can enjoy the flexibility.
- The Whisper Sandal is quite durable.
- It is lightweight, hence great for traveling.
- Its superior water resistance makes it great for water sports.
- It runs smaller than other Keen shoes; hence comfort is compromised for certain users especially those with wide feet.
- The picture of the sandal often misleads people into thinking that it contains a heel.
Keen Women’s Whisper Slide Sandal
If you are looking for a pair of comfortable sandals to beat the summer heat, then the Keen Women’s Whisper Slide Sandal may be your desired product. This is a slip-on slide sandal that is designed to let you slide into the comfort of Keen ever so easily.
A number of impressive features have been incorporated into the sandal including the webbing upper that has a stretch mesh lining that gives your skin the quick dry comfort it deserves. The bungee lacing of the sandal can be easily adjusted and the vintage Keen protection keeps your feet secure for months on end. For improved traction, the Keen Whisper Slide Sandal is fitted with a non-marking rubber outsole.
Much like the Keen Whisper Sandals, this women’s footwear keeps odor at bay through the AEGIS Microbe Shield that provides anti-odor and anti-microbial protection. Besides toning down the stench, the AEGIS Microbe Shield makes sure that the product does not deteriorate due to rough usage. Ladies who require arch support and cushioning will find the metatomical EVA footbed of the Slide quite useful.
Pros and Cons of Wearing the Slide Sandal by Keen
Here is a list of pros that may tilt you in favor of buying these walking sandals.
- It is extremely lightweight at a weight of just 7.4 ounces.
- It is equipped to be as comfortable as possible.
- It provides knee comfort through the arch support.
- The Whisper Slide Sandal is visually appealing and comes in a variety of colors and styles.
- The sandal causes the feet to slide out the back in a lot of users. In other words, its sizing can sometimes be a little off so it’s important to order a half size to one full size up.
- The lack of back strap in the Whisper Slide Sandal is a problem for some users, however, that is the way the sandal was intended to be able to slide right into it.
Both the Whisper and the Whisper Slide work well as outdoor footwear. The Whisper Sandal, in particular, is a great buy if you are into water sports and heavy-duty traveling. The Whisper Slide Sandal, on the other hand, is a breath of fresh air in an age of heavy sandals that slow you down and tire you out.
Despite these benefits, both of them run small, it’s preferable to buy 1 size larger than your size to get the best out of these shoes. If the sizing problem is taken care of, then buying these sandals should be a no brainer.