Let’s face it: There are times when you find yourself struggling to find the energy to jump out of the bed and hit the gym. Sometimes, all it takes are a few magic words to get the wheel rolling. We’ve compiled a list of 225 inspirational and motivational workout quotes with images to give you that extra push needed for those plateaus to crush your goals.
Let’s roll with it…
Related: Best Cross training Shoes
Best Motivational Workout Quotes
1. Workout because you love your body not because you hate it.
2. “You can feel sore tomorrow or you can feel sorry tomorrow. You choose.”
3. “Unless you puke, faint, or die, keep going.”
— Jillian Michaels
4. Sore. The most satisfying pain.
Related: 25 Tips And Tricks on How To Get Better At Running Long Distances
5. No Pain, No Gain. Shut up and train.
6. Life has its UPS and DOWNS…we call them SQUATS!”
7. “Courage doesn’t always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, I will try again tomorrow.”
— Mary Anne Radmacher
8. Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.”
— Mahatma Gandhi
9. Sometimes you don’t realize your own strength until you come face to face with your greatest weakness.”
— Susan Gale
10. Bring out your inner beast and conquer.
11. You can feel sore tomorrow or you can feel sorry tomorrow.
12. Don’t wish for a good body, work for it.
13. “Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure… We ask ourselves, ‘Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?’ Actually, who are you not to be?”
— Marianne Williamson
14. There are 365 days this year. Each and every day is a chance to improve yourself.
15. Good things come to those who sweat.
16. Let exercise be your stress reliever, not food.
17. Go the extra mile. It’s never crowded.
18. All progress takes place outside the comfort zone.
— Michael John Bobak
Related: How To Break In Running Shoes
19. You can make excuses or you can lift.
20. “You don’t have to be great to start, but you have to start to be great.”
— Zig Ziglar
21. “Get comfortable with being uncomfortable.”
— Jillian Michaels
22. “The human body is the best work of art.”
— Jess C. Scott
23. “Your workouts are important meetings you scheduled with yourself. Bosses don’t cancel.”
24. I may not be there, but I’m closer than yesterday.
Related: How To Prevent A Side Stitch When Running
25. Push yourself because no one else is going to do it for you.
26. The body achieves what the mind believes.
27. “Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.”
— Neale Donald Walsch
28. “You can’t climb the ladder of success with your hands in your pockets.”
— Arnold Schwarzenegger
29. Your body can stand almost anything. It’s your mind that you have to convince.
30. Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going.
31. When life knocks you down….do a squat!
32. Keep your squats low and your standards high.
34. “The dictionary is the only place that success comes before work. Work is the key to success, and hard work can help you accomplish anything.”
— Vince Lombardi
Related: Are Airpods Good For Running? How Do They Perform In Sweaty Conditions?
35. “When people ask me if I exercise I tell them I do crunches every day – especially Captain Crunch and Nestle Crunch”
36. Making excuses burns zero calories per hour.
37. “Pain is weakness leaving the body.”
— United States Marine Corps
38. “Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength.”
— Arnold Schwarzenegger
39. Sticks and stones may break my bones but squats will make me badass.
40. Someone busier than you is working out right now
41. Success isn’t always about greatness. It’s about consistency. Consistent hard work gains success. Greatness will come.
42. Achieving a great body is a SLOW progress. Don’t make it SLOWER by quitting.
43. Don’t stop until you’re proud.
44. A diamond is a chunk of coal that did well under pressure.
45. 1“When you’re old you feast on your memories, and if you spend too much time on exercise, you may get old and not have many.”
– Garrison Keillor
46. The only bad workout is the one that didn’t happen.
47. I will make sweat my best accessory. I will run harder than my mascara.
48. “If it doesn’t challenge you, it doesn’t change you.”
— Fred DeVito
49. No matter how slow you go, you are still lapping everybody on the couch.
50. Suffer the pain of Discipline or suffer the pain of regret.
51. Hustle for that muscle.
52. “Don’t give up on your dreams, or your dreams will give up on you.”
– John Wooden
53. I will not let age change me. I will change the way I age!
54. 1. “If only opening a Vitamin Water could be classified as working out.”
– Jim Gaffigan
55. “I exercised once, but found I was allergic to it. My skin flushed and my heart raced. I got sweaty and short of breath.”- Very dangerous.”
56. The Pain you feel today will be the STRENGTH you feel tomorrow.
57. “Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway.”
— Earl Nightingale
58. SORE TODAY, STRONG TOMORROW.
59. First they will laugh. Then they will copy. Don’t give up.
60. Train insane or remain the same.
61. If you still look good at the end of your workout, you didn’t train hard enough.
62. What seems impossible today will become your warm-up tomorrow!
63. Instead of calling my bathroom the ‘John’ I call it the ‘Jim’. That way it sounds better when I say, ‘I go to the Jim first thing every morning.
64. “Most people give up right before the big break comes – Don’t be that person.”
– Michael Boyle
65. You did not wake up today to be mediocre.
66. I want to inspire someone. I want someone to look at me and say “Because of you, I didn’t give up”
67. When you feel like quitting think about why you started.
68. A good workout is when you make your dry-fit shirt look like false advertising.
69. Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle.
70. Never finished. Always under construction.
71. Stop saying I wish. Start saying I will.
72. The six W’s: Work Will Win While Wishing Won’t.
73. “A year from now you may wish you had started today.”
– Karen Lamb
74. The more you workout, the weaker his knees get.
75. “A reason to smile: Every seven minutes of every day, someone in an aerobics class somewhere pulls a hamstring.”
– Allan Roth
76. “Exercise is king. Nutrition is queen. Put them together and you’ve got a kingdom.”
— Jack LaLanne
77. “The purpose of training is to tighten up the slack, toughen the body, and polish the spirit.”
— Morihei Ueshiba
78. “I’m 99% sure no one would run marathons if they weren’t allowed to talk about running marathons.”
– Mike Vanatta
79. Suck it up. And one day you won’t have to suck it in.
80. Wake up. Work out. Look hot. Kick ass.
81. “Today is your day. To start fresh. To eat right. To train hard. To live healthy. To be proud.”
— Bonnie Pfiester
82. “I hated every minute of training, but I said, “Don’t quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.”
— Muhammad Ali
83. A lot of people are afraid of heights. Not me, I’m afraid of widths.
84. 70% of people that start a fitness plan quit. Except you. Not this time.
85. Of course it’s hard. It’s supposed to be hard. If it were easy, everybody would do it. Hard is what makes it great.
86. “You ever look for the remote control, but you can’t find it, so you just decide, ‘Ah, guess I’m not watching TV. I’m not gonna take two steps and turn it on myself. I’ll go to the gym if I’m going to work out.’”
– Jim Gaffigan
87. Our bodies are our gardens — our wills are our gardeners”
— William Shakespeare
88. “You have to remember something: Everybody pities the weak; jealousy you have to earn.”
— Arnold Schwarzenegger
89. “The hardest thing about exercise is to start doing it. Once you are doing exercise regularly, the hardest thing is to stop it.”
— Erin Gray
90. If you’re tired of starting over, stop giving up.
91. Fitness is like marriage. You can’t cheat on it and expect it to work.
92. Love yourself enough to live a healthy lifestyle.
93. When I lost all of my excuses I found my results.
94. Create healthy habits, not restrictions.
95. Lifting weights doesn’t make women huge. But Cupcakes do!”
96. Sweat is just fat crying.
97. Take advantage of each opportunity to build your willpower and be empowered by the control you have over your own body and future.
98. You don’t have to be extreme, just consistent.
99. You don’t get the ass you want by sitting on it !
100. I consider my refusal to go to the gym today as resistance training.
101. Don’t decrease the goal. Increase the effort.
102. “A fit, healthy body – that is the best fashion statement.”
— Jess C. Scott
103. “Motivation will almost always beat mere talent. ”
— Norman Ralph Augustine
104. Don’t be afraid of being a beginner.
105. You are born weak and die weak. What you are in between is up to you.
106. A woman with a fit physique is more than a just hot body.
107. Believe in yourself and all that you are. Know that there is something inside of you that is greater than any obstacle.
108. “Your body is your most priceless possession. Take care of it.”
— Jack Lalane
109. “Well done is better than well said.”
— Benjamin Franklin
110. Doctor to patient: What fits your busy schedule better, exercising one hour a day or being dead 24 hours a day?”
— Randy Glasbergen
111. Summer bodies are made in the winter.
112. Wake up with determination, go to bed with satisfaction.
113. It’s never too late and you’re never too old to become better.
114. “Transformation is a process, and as life happens there are tons of ups and downs.”
— Pastor Rick Warren
115. “The word ‘aerobics’ came about when the gym instructors got together and said: If we’re going to charge $10 an hour, we can’t call it ‘jumping up and down.’”
— Rita Rudner
116. Strive for progress, not perfection.
117. Fit is not a destination. It is a way of life.
118. “What is the point of being on this Earth if you are going to be like everyone else and avoid trouble?”
— Arnold Schwarzenegger
119. New Year? Same Beast mode attitude.
120. Where fat is burned, pride is earned.
121. A one hour workout is 4% of your day. No excuses.
122. Take pride in how far you have come and have faith in how far you can go!
123. I believe every human has a finite number of heartbeats. I don’t intend to waste any of mine running around doing exercises.”
— Neil Armstrong
124. Hating your body will never get you as far as loving it will.
125. Will it be easy? Nope. Worth it? Absolutely.
126. There is no GIANT step that can take you there! But, consistent and small steps can!
127. Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same.
128. You’re only one workout away from a good mood.
129. “Don’t quit. You’re already in pain. You’re already hurt. Get a reward from it!”
— Eric Thomas
130. Surround yourself with those who challenge you, push you, and motivate you.
131. I don’t count my sit-ups. I only start counting when it starts hurting because they’re the only ones that count.
132. I will beat her. I will train harder. I will eat cleaner. I know her strengths. I’ve lost to her before but not this time. She is going down. I have the advantage because I know her well. She is the old me.
133. Need motivation to start exercising? Avoiding death is a good one though!
134. America has got to be the only country in the world where people need energy drinks to sit in front of a computer.”
— Mike Vanatta
135. “Believe in yourself. You are braver than you think, more talented than you know, and capable of more than you imagine.”
— Roy T. Bennett
136. I don’t sweat, I sparkle.
137. Sweat now. Shine later.
138. I have to exercise in the morning before my brain figures out what I’m doing.”
– Marsha Doble
139. It’s a slow process, but quitting won’t speed it up.
140. Every time I hear the dirty word ‘Exercise’ I wash my mouth out with chocolate!
141. Life is a battle. But, don’t worry, you’re gonna lift heavy and win it too!
142. Remember, Rome wasn’t built in a day. Work hard and good results will come.
143. “The individual who says it is not possible should move out of the way of those doing it.”
— Tricia Cunningham
144. It’s not about being the best, it’s about being better than you were yesterday.
145. The hard part isn’t getting your body in shape. The hard part is getting your mind in shape.
146. Success starts with self-discipline.
147. “The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be.”
– Ralph Waldo Emerson
148. I spend my time at the gym doing diddly squats.
149. Look in the mirror. That’s your competition.”
— John Assaraf
150. If it weren’t for the fact that the TV set and the refrigerator are so far apart, some of us wouldn’t get any exercise at all.”
– Joey Adams
151. Sweat is magic. Cover yourself in it daily to grant your wishes.
152. Sweat. Smile. Repeat.
153. Every day is another chance to get stronger, to eat better, to live healthier, and to be the best version of you.
154. There is not enough time for you reach your full potential if you keep saying “I’ll do it later.”
155. The difference between wanting and achieving is discipline.
156. Less sugar, more fruit. Less soda, more water. Less driving, more walking. Less worry, more sleep. Less words, more action.
157. Do something today that your future self will thank you for.
158. Nothing is holding you back from what you want if you are willing to take action.
159. It’s never too late to become what you might have been.
160. You become very dangerous when you realize you can do it all alone.
161. Starve your distractions. Feed your focus.
162. Obsessed is a word the lazy use to describe the dedicated.
163. Don’t limit your challenges, challenge your limits.
164. You are the only one who can limit your greatness.
165. “To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift.”
— Steve Prefontaine
166. Work hard in silence. Let success be your noise.
167. There are no shortcuts to living your greatest life and becoming your best self.
168. Exercise is like telling your body “you’re gonna hate me for this, but you’ll thank me later.
169. If these bicep peaks were any bigger I’d have snow on them.
170. I really think that tossing and turning at night should be considered exercise!
171. Planning to work out someday? There are seven days a week, SOMEDAY is not one of them!
172. Your fitness is 100% mental! If your mind doesn’t push harder, your body goes nowhere!
173. It’s actually pretty simple. Either you do it, or you don’t.
174. It’s not about “having” time. It’s about making time.
175. Definition of a really good workout: when you hate doing it, but you love finishing it.
176. “Are you fat and ugly? Join our gym and just be ugly!”
– Local gym sign
177. When you start feeling the PAIN, that’s when EVERYTHING starts!
178. Be Fearless in the Pursuit of what sets your Soul on Fire.
179. “Most people fail, not because of lack of desire, but, because of lack of commitment.”
– Vince Lombardi
180. When you see a woman with smudged lipstick and runny kajal, you know she just finished a killer workout!
181. Don’t wait for tomorrow to motivate you to workout! You will find another excuse to quit. Start NOW!
182. Toughness is in the soul and spirit, NOT in the MUSCLES!”
183. WORKOUT…Because it’s another day to become BETTER!
184. It’s easy to spot strong women. They are the ones who nail it in the gym!
185. The beginning is always tough! But, once you lift your butt, do some squats!
186. Don’t cry over boys! Do some squats and make them cry wishing they still had that Ass!
187. People will tell you that You look different. But you know, how much sweat it’s worth!
188. The storm makes you stronger. Don’t be afraid of it. Believe in yourself and push harder.
189. The last three of four reps is what makes the muscle grow this area of pain divides a champion from someone who is not a champion.
190. The difference between Wanting and Achieving is DISCIPLINE.
191. The clock is ticking. Are you becoming the person you want to be?
192. Take care of your body. It’s the only place you have to live.
193. Obstacles can’t stop you. Problems can’t stop you. People can’t stop you. Only YOU can stop YOU.
194. Nothing truly great ever came from a comfort zone.
195. If you keep going you won’t regret it. If you give up you will.
196. Change is in you. Just keep going.
197. Push harder than yesterday if you want a different tomorrow.
198. You don’t have to go fast you just have to go.
199. It’s easier to wake up early in the morning and workout than it is to look in the mirror each day and not like what you see.
200. It comes down to one simple thing: How bad do you want it?
201. Pain is temporary pride is forever.
202. If you think lifting is dangerous try being weak. Being weak is dangerous.
203. Get out of your comfort zone. This where magic happens.
204. Every day is a good day to work out.
204. Don’t wait for inspiration. Be the inspiration.
204. Magnify your dreams and work hard to turn them into reality.
205. Be the hardest working person in the gym.
206. It all starts right now. Behave as the person you ever wanted to be.
207. Believe you can and you will.
208. Being strong is a mindset change starts from within.
209. Anyone can star something, but only few can finish.
210. Always remember. Good things take time.
211. After leg day, every step is a mission.
211. A champion is someone who gets up when they can’t.
212. Do your best and forget the rest.
213. Your body was not made to serve others it’s meant to serve yourself.
214. You have to think it before you can do it. The mind is what makes it all possible.
215. Whether you think you can or you think you can’t you’re right.
216. What is the best point of being on this earth if you are going to be like everyone else and avoid trouble?
217. We were born to be great but great takes a willing work ethic like no other.
218. Want to be respected? Be consistent.
219. Train like a beast. Look like a beauty.
220. Start every week strong. Finish every week stronger. Start strong. Finish strong.
221. People always ask why I do it. I am wondering why they don’t.
222. Of course, it is heavy. That’s why they call it’s weight.
223. Lift heavy and run fast.
224. It never gets easier. You get stronger.
225. I refuse to give up on myself.
These were some of the best motivational workout quotes we could think of. Feel free to spread the motivation in the comments below.